Sunday, July 15, 2012

(Its Because I Love You) Chapter 1 : Seeing Trey Hurts




I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go out tonight especially with all the hype about Trey being in town. I knew inside of me, seeing him would definitely make my day, but I didn’t know if he would feel the same after our last encounter.

Two weeks ago Trey and I attended an event for American Veterans. I had no idea Trey was going to attend this event, when I walked in and heard Trey’s name my heart dropped. I was torn. Considering this had been the first time Trey and I had seen one another since our break up, I didn’t make it my priority to speak with him, but it was hard not to. They were honoring Trey for his “Your Side of the Bed” music video, which brought awareness to the way military families feel and the sacrifices they have to make. I was so proud of him because I knew how hard he has worked to be where he is. The thing that hurt was the fact that I couldn’t tell him how I really felt.

At one point I was walking and Diana stopped me and said, “love your outfit”, and of course Trey was standing next to her staring while sipping o his wine. I assumed he was waiting for me to acknowledge his presence. I was surprised that Diana had spoken to me since we haven’t seen each other in over a year. I was wearing a long red dress that fit tight and fell a little pass my knee and long in the back. The straps wrapped around my neck with a plunging cut in both the front and back.
“Thank you”, I said
“Is it Alexander McQueen? Seen something like that not too long ago” She said sarcastically.
“Really?” I smiled as I continued to speak, “No, babe it’s a Christina Renee original”, making a three sixty in order for her to see the full dress.
“Nice”

The compliments I got were the highlight of my night but it was weird that Trey appears everywhere I was. At the time I didn’t know if it was intentional or just me but I thought his efforts to get my attention were cute. Briana and I decided to get another drink from the bar. Briana and I work together but we were also friends.
Briana had long red hair with a body to die for. She was wearing a short halter top tight fitted black dress. Briana is definitely more outspoken than I am. When I noticed that Trey was making his way towards the bar I quickly nudged Briana. Trey stood right next to me. I could feel his eyes piercing against my skin. I turned to the bar with hopes that he would walk away. Briana then shoved me out the way holding her hand out to shake Trey’s and said, “Hi I’m Briana”. Trey held his hand out to meet hers.
“Nice to meet you”, Trey Replied then looking at me, “And you are?”
Trey held out his hand for me to shake it. I held my hand out to meet his and replied, “Christina Renee”.
“Nice to meet you Christina Renee”, Trey said with a sarcastic smile. The few seconds we made eye contact went from innocent to sexual. I had to immediately break contact. It seemed as if we were talking to one another for the first time again. I would have said something back but because Briana had no knowledge of our past I decided to play along.
Briana interjected, “So I see you’re the man of the hour, Congratulations”
Trey replied, “Thank you, but I’m just glad I could be the one to bring awareness to the situation”.
“I understand, we both are daughters of military men so we know what it’s like”

I tried to keep myself out of the conversation as much as possible. So I would just nod my head and agree with everything that was being said. I was at this prestigious event I was originally not supposed to be at but was invited at the last minute because of my relationship with the sponsors. Then to find out that my ex is the one being honored at this event. It was a lot to take in at once.
When the night was over Briana and I said good night to one another and went our separate ways. As I was waiting for my car Trey and his assistant stood next to me.
“Did you enjoy yourself?” said Trey’s assistant sarcastically.
“Yes, it was amazing”, I said with a smile
I wasn’t sure if Diana didn’t like me because of what happened but I did not appreciate the sarcasm she kept giving me. She was acting as if he was her man and not her boss. 
“That’s great”, as her car pulled up she said, “Have a good night”, jumped into the car and drove off.
After she left Trey was still waiting for his car. I was a little uncomfortable and confused. I looked in the opposite direction to make the situation less awkward.
“Is that your way of ignoring me”, Trey said smiling.
I turned to him confused, “How can I ignore someone who isn’t talking to me?” I replied.         
Both of our cars pulled up at the same time. I was freaked out how things were working out. It all seemed planned in some strange way.
“Were you working tonight?”
“Excuse me, is that really the first thing you can say to me?”
I began walking to my car when Trey grabbed my hand, “Is this how you want to end the night?”
“Do you have a better idea?” I said with an attitude.
“Many”
“Well you keep those ideas for someone who wants to hear them”, I tugged my hand from his grip, got into my car, and drove off. I didn’t intend to be so mean, it just can out. It upset me that he would ask me about work knowing our situation. Sometimes living this type of life can really affect your personal life. Ever since that night I have been getting calls and emails from Trey but I haven’t answered.

TO BE CONTINUED...

P.S All Stories are Fictional!

1 comment:

  1. Very Good! The ending entices me to continue reading. Good dialog :) Now moving on to Chapter 2.

    ReplyDelete